Purple Prose + Review

When We Mess Up...

Psalm 15:
Who may worship in your sanctuary, Lord?
Who may enter your presence on your holy hill?
Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right,
speaking the truth from sincere hearts.
Those who refuse to gossip.
or harm their neighbors
or speak evil of their friends.
Those who despise flagrant sinners,
and honor the faithful followers of the Lord,
and keep their promises even when it hurts.
Those who lend money without charging interest,
and who cannot be briged to lie about the innocent.
Such people will stand firm forever.
*********************
My brag on God today is that even though we 'try' to be perfect and we 'try' to do all of these things, we fail so many times. We aren't worthy to enter his sanctuary. None of us-- But God is so awesome that He gives us a second.. third... forth... hundredth chance. He will forgive our sins as long as we ask (and as long as we have breath).
That doesn't give us the right to automatically sin then say, "Oh God... sorry about that." then do it again. No. That means that we do something, think "OH! Why did I do that?! I'm so sorry." Profess to God we are sorry and forgive us then STRIVE not to do it again.
And we may slip. We are human. Then we ask forgiveness again.
The more we want to be closer to God, the more we won't want to gossip-- or talk bad about our friends-- or break a promise.
Thinking on being a Mama, I'm not perfect... in... the... least! To top it off, my degree is in Early Childhood Education lol. I STRIVE to be a good parent, but I know I will make mistakes. I know I will learn from them and move on.
That's the same way with God. We want to be a good sinner, but we will make mistakes. We know we will learn from them, ask forgiveness, and move on.
We aren't worthy-- but Thanks to God, we can be forgiven. :)
Much Love,
Kelly
Linking with: Reflections on Psalms @ singingpilgrimdancing and Brag on God Friday

love, and more:

When We Mess Up... + Review