Purple Prose + Review

R -- Rejection and FAITH FICTION FRIDAY
box

Today's letter in the A to Z challenge at http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/ is...

R is for Rejection.
We talked yesterday about how if you send query letters then you will (more than likely) get a few rejections. Rejections aren't fun (how dare they not like something you worked so hard on!), but they are part of it. You get sad, you move on, and you keep sending them out. Simple as that...
But if it's not *that* simple for you, I've found a site that has the number of rejections famous authors have gotten over the years. The link is: Wavy Lines. Go visit because I'm not going to write them all...
I found out that:
Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling): Rejected 12 times
Mary Higgins Clark: Rejected 40 times
A Time to Kill (John Grisham): Rejected by 15 publishers and 30 agents
Twilight (Stephenie Meyer): Rejected by 9 agents and 5 no responses (which equal no)
Carrie (Stephen King): Rejected 30 times
SO, the point is for you (and for me). Rejection doesn't equal bad or give up. It means to keep going and find someone who does love it-- if not, write something else and keep going :)
That said...
WELCOME TO THE VERY FIRST FAITH-FICTION FRIDAY!!!!
*Balloons... confetti... streamers!!!*
Because I'm sure this will cause some confusion, I'm going to give you the deets below.
1. I will post a picture.
2. You will get inspired by the picture and write a 100 word (give or take) story (either fiction or non-fiction OR devotional).
3. You will post your story in the comments section of this blog below.
4. You can post your blog on the link-up after you've added a story to comments.
5. Somewhere on your blog, put the Faith-fiction Friday button.
6. Since this is new, I'm asking, begging, pleading, kissing your feet, to please spread the word about this. I'd love for this to be a great place for people to read and write Christian fiction (believe me, there aren't many places on the internet that have it).
If you have any questions, just ask. Like I said, I'd love for this to just be fun-- but it won't be fun for me (or anyone else) if no one participates (I'm paranoid that I'm going to check back after work and there be no comments or links up... )
Anyway...
Here is today's picture:

Image: federico stevanin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Linked with: Faith-Filled Friday Good luck and happy writing :) Remember to post your stories in comments and link up below.

box, fiction, HAPPY, love, love story, non-fiction, and more:

R -- Rejection and FAITH FICTION FRIDAY + Review