Purple Prose + TIME

"Dear 16 year old me"

I found this on facebook and I didn't know what was when I clicked on it. To my surprise, it was about skin cancer.

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/dear_16yearold_me

Please watch it. I think I did a bad thing by saying that it 'was no big deal'... I think I was trying to make myself feel better. I feel bad for saying that. A mole.. especially a mole like 'Spud' that changes over time, is very much a big deal. If you have any suspecious mole, PLEASE get it checked out. Don't wait like I did.

I still won't know my biopsy results for another 1 1/2 weeks.

But still.. my kids will never go outside without sunscreen again. I have 2 redheads. My oldest is so pale she's 'see-through'.

So... please watch the video. If you have a suspecious mole, go to your doctor. A biospy isn't fun, but it's better than the alternative.

Oh, and if you don't mind, share the link around on your blog, on you facebook, on your twitter, on your message boards. It's a good video and can help save lives.

Thanks so much!

Much love, Kelly

book, FUN, love, and more:

"Dear 16 year old me" + TIME