Purple Prose + Novel

Wanted: Dream Agent

Wanted: dream agent. Only those with the following qualifications need apply:

  • Brilliant (She knows the industry like an old friend)

  • Passionate about books (I guess that goes without saying)

  • Loves YA novels as much as I do (I haven’t read an adult book in two years—other than those by Jane Austen)

  • Eager to share her wisdom and challenge me

  • Not afraid to tell it as it is

  • Very approachable

But most important of all: She loves my book!

Are there any other qualifications I’m forgetting?

So I’ve been making my list, and checking it twice. And I’m now ready to begin the query dance for Lost in a Heartbeat. And maybe if I’ve been really good this year (thinks for a moment if she’s been good), Santa will bring me a partial or full request for Christmas. Okay, maybe in the New Year since agents are really busy right now.

What are you hoping for Christmas this year?

blog, book, dream, Lost in a Heartbeat, and more:

Wanted: Dream Agent + Novel