Purple Prose + Novel

The 12 STRESSES OF CHRISTMAS-- SICKNESS

The fifth stress of Christmas that really gets to me... what do you mean I'm sick?... standing in long lines... finding the perfect present... Time spinning faster.. and not having enough Mon-ey... Friends, it's that time of year... the time of sickness.
I know where I live we have: flu, stomach flu, stomach virus, strep, bronchitis, allergies, RSV, cold... etc... etc... etc...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Nobody likes to get sick. No one likes to have sick kids... and especially this time of year. We have parties at school, parties at home, Christmas programs, Church functions, family functions, things to do, places to go... and being sick (or having a sick kid) doesn't fit in any plan.
I'm directing the Christmas play at church. I'm also a teacher. That means I'm around germs all the time (not that my kids are any more germy that other kids, but that all kids carry germs and especially when they are together in a school setting). My kids are also in the midst of it.
So... I'm stressin'. Our Christmas program is Sunday. 4/5 of my family are in it. If we get sick... the show shall go on, but it shall be difficult (well, mainly for me since I'm supposed to be running it).
Do you worry about sickness? Do you germ-x until your hands hurt? Or are you the type that figures whatever will be, will be?
I need to be more of a person that decides, "Hey, whatever happens is meant to happen." It sure would help with the stress...
~Kelly
Lord, there is a lot of sickness going around everywhere. Please protect us, protect our family, friends, people we don't like very well... protect us all so we don't get any of it. Keep your hand on us and keep us safe. In Jesus's name i pray... Amen.

Inspiration, and more:

The 12 STRESSES OF CHRISTMAS-- SICKNESS + Novel