Purple Prose + weekend

I'm Taking Advantage of My Husband...

Ok... not like *that*...
But I am quite enjoying having him around more often.
Background... My husband has worked either nights or 2nd shift every since we got married 8 1/2 years ago.
That's through 3 kids...
So it's been basically me...
All by myself...
All the time...
Except on weekends...
With small kids... 
It was hard.
And I was miserable.
I was thankful he had a job of course in this economy, but I missed him (and truth be told, it got really hard taking care of 3 kids basically from sun up to sun down by myself.. I don't see how you army wives or single moms do it! You ROCK!)
A few months ago, he got an opportunity to take first shift.
*I* was overjoyed!!!
(Him not so much... only because he'd never worked that shift before... )
I'm not going to lie... it took a while for us both to get adjusted to it.
 I was used to having my own way.
He was used to being by himself.
It was hard.
But it's so much better now!
It's so much easier now, that I've started taking advantage of the man...
He's cooked supper every night...
He washes the dishes...
He goes to the store after work (which is why I haven't had any Wal-mart stories this week... )
I've started to become dependent on him... already. After only a few months.
I've gotten used to supper being finished when I get home from work now.
Is that a bad thing?
well, not really. I mean, the man does need to help around the house.
But I seem to be forgetting something.
In all of this, I've forgotten that I need to continue to be a help to my husband.

I don't need to give it all to him and then relax (though that would be SOOOO easy)
I *might* have possibly said in the last few weeks, "I've done it for 8 years... it's your turn now... "
hehe...
Sigh...
Yeah, as much fun as it's been, I need to start helping again.
Because I'm his wife and that means to help him--- not lump it all on him.
Even if he is a *much* better cook!
*************
Don't forget the Bible in 90 Days program starting on January 30th here on OTMA. If you want to participate, please sign up here.
Much Love, Kelly (who should probably get up and do something) 

Linked with: Women Living Well Wednesday and Winsome Wednesday
  

love, Review, and more:

I'm Taking Advantage of My Husband... + weekend