Purple Prose + Novel

It's Raining Awards!

I’ve been busy accumulating awards, but haven’t had a chance to pass them on. Since there’re so many of them, I’ll do some this week and some next week. Also, I’ve moved all my awards to a separate page.

Mother’s Recognition Award

Creepy Query Girl gave me this for Mother’s Day, but then I went unplugged. So here’s the belated award for the following moms. Actually, this is just a tiny sampling of all the great writer mom’s out there. I could have listed at least three dozen more.

Steena Holmes. Works full time, is a writer, and an amazing mom with three kids. Not only that. She's one of my best writer friends. Ever. She knows when I need a shoulder to cry on, and when I need a serious butt kicking.

Nicole Humphrey. I don’t know where she finds the time to be a writer and a mother to five kids. Nicole, you definitely deserve an award for that.

Lydia Kang manages to balance being a mom, writer, and physician. Girl, how do you do it? Seriously!

Lisa & Laura Roecker I'm counting down the days till I get to read these two super moms' book, Liar Society. This is one book, girls, you won't have to email me about. ;)

Elana Johnson Okay, seriously, who won't want Elana for a mom? She has an amazing voice, and her posts crack me up every time. Plus, she's super supportive to her fellow writers. I'm in awe how she balances everything, including being great mom to two kids.

Awesomesauce Award

I’m making this sauce for dinner tonight. Thanks Jennifer Daiker! I don’t suppose you have the recipe?
The Awesomesauce award goes to the following awesome bloggers.

Deb Salisbury.

Melissa Garrett

Ink Splattered

Shannon McMahon

Roland Yeomans

One Lovely Blog Award

Yay, another pretty award. Thanks to the headless Candace Granger! So is your daughter headless too? These are some of the other bloggers I enjoy following:

Bee at Dream Catcher’s Lair

Erica Spickard

Christine Danek

Laura Pauling

Cheree Smith

The Prolific Blogger Award

Another cool award. Thanks Creepy Query Girl (who isn’t nearly as creepy as she pretends to be).

Meghan Ward

Tamara Heiner

Natalie Bahm

Corrine Jackson

Alexandra Crocodiles

Blogger Buddy Award

This is another one I love. Okay, I love them all, but I adore hummingbirds. Too bad they don’t hang out at our house. I'm sure the neighbor's cat wishes the same thing. Thanks Amparo Ortiz

T. Anne

Anne Gallagher

Simon C Larter. The guy cracks me up every time I read his blog posts or Tweeter tweats.

Miss V Speaks. Another blogger who has me giggling whenever I read her blog.

Jessica Bell

Tagged

Shannon McMahon tagged me. I’m not going to pass it on because so many of you have already done it. But if you would like to, then consider yourself tagged. :D

Where were you five years ago?

Good question. I have no idea.

1. Returning to work after my twelve month maternity leave (remember, I live in Canada not the US!).

2. Wishing I wasn’t returning to work after my twelve month maternity leave.

3. Ignoring my children. No time for them once I returned to my job as a drug rep.

4. Traveling. But to nowhere exciting (like Medicine Hat. The City of Gas!). All part of my stimulating job.

5. Waiting. A lot. To talk to physicians and pharmacists. And you think you need tons of patients to be a writer. Try being a drug rep.

Where would you like to be in five years?

1. A published author of YA novels.

2. Spending time with my family. Though in five years, most of my kids will be teens and won’t want to spend time with me.

3. Traveling to interesting places. (No more The City of Gas for me!)

4. In a bigger house. Seriously with three teens, this is going to be essential.

5. Still madly in love with my husband.

What is on your to-do list today?

1. Go running with my daughter while she bikes.

2. Go biking with my kids.

3. Volunteer in daughter’s kindergarten class

4. Read read read

5. Clean bathrooms edit my wip

What snacks do you enjoy?

1. Chocolate

2. Mangoes

3. Diet Coke

4. Strawberries

5. Chocolate. I know I already said that but it bears repeating.

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?

1. Donate it to worthy causes.

2. Not tell my kids. Think of Paris Hilton if you wonder why.

3. Travel.

4. Live in a bigger house and hire someone else to clean it.

5. Make a big difference in other people’s lives.

award, awards, best, blog, book, dream, and more:

It's Raining Awards! + Novel