Purple Prose + Writing

Tip # 92: Practice Makes Better

As writers, we know our first draft is never perfect. Well, at least my isn’t. It improves when we tear it apart, analyze it, figure out what to do to make it better, stronger. We study books on writing, and try to determine why a favorite novel appeals to us.

The same is true for photography. Many of you have commented that you wished you had my eye. Okay, I do have fantastic eyesight, but that’s beside the point. When I first got into photography, my pictures were crappy. And that’s being nice.

But I studied books on photography, took some classes, analyzed pictures in photography magazines. At one point, there was an awesome magazine that critted photos sent in and explained how to make them better. Unfortunately, the magazine is no longer available. But the point is, like with my writing, my photography skills improved because I wanted them to, and because I pushed myself to do better. Much like you do with your writing, right?

Okay, that was a not-so-subtle hint that you should be doing that with your writing. *winks*

book, favorite, Novel, photography tips, and more:

Tip # 92: Practice Makes Better + Writing