Purple Prose + Review

My Christmas Eve (Eve) Thoughts...

I'm a little sad tonight.

My kids are asleep. My husband is in the bed (getting over a virus.. eek!). And I'm sitting here in the living room, looking at my little 'Charlie Brown Tree'. I couldn't get a good picture of it, but needless to say, I had forgotten that it was only 4 feet tall when I got it out this year. Oh well, right? It's cute.

Anyway, I got all of my Christmas presents wrapped tonight, and they are all under the tree. It's so pretty.

And I got to thinking, tomorrow at this time, most of them will be opened (we do our Christmas on Christmas Eve). All of the Christmas shopping, programs, music, red/green in the stores will be gone until next year. My kids will be alittle older, a little wiser, and Christmas may not mean as much to them as it does now.

My kids are 6, 4, and 17 months and I wish I could bottle them up at this age... well, to be fair and honest, I'd bottle my 6 year old up at 5 because she's kinda gotten snarky in her 'old' age. Poor kid.

The point is that I'm very much going to miss Chrismtas this year when it's over. Normally, I welcome it (usually, I'm pregnant and tired lol). This year has been stressful, but I've enjoyed (most of) it so much. (Except for Walmart on Thanksgiving), everyone has been so nice and calm, and (dare I say) happy.

I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve to be honest. I keep trying to remind myself of the things I HAVE to do because it doesn't seem real to me. I'm sure it will hit me tomorrow when I'm cooking the ham.

Maybe I'm just overly emotional tonight. Maybe I'm just tired. Maybe I'm just full of it (who knows lol).

Those are my thoughts tonight. I'm So so so excited for Christmas because I love watching my kids. I love talking about baby Jesus and his birthday. I just have a feeling that Monday will be a bit of a downer as people (not us) start taking their decorations down and clean up all of the mess.

Ok, time to perk up, and start living in the now. Tomorrow, next week, next year, next decade will come and go. I want to enjoy this one while it's here.

(Sorry for the ramble... )

Much Love, Kelly

HAPPY, love, and more:

My Christmas Eve (Eve) Thoughts... + Review