Purple Prose + Review

Life Lessons from Wal-mart: Part 2

Today, something rare happened...

So rare, I can't think of the last time this event occured.

I went shopping...
Alone!
(I know!!)
The hubs volunteered to watch the girls so I could go to Wal-mart... (Ok, it was because he was stinky and out of soap and needed some for a shower, but the idea remains the same... Mama got out of the house alone!)
Without the girls with me, I bought them SO much more than I ever do normally!
When they are with me and ask for things, I always tell them no... today when they were home, I kept picking up things and thinking, "Awww... (insert kid's name) would love this!"
But that's not the moral of this story... (though it would be a good one.. you know, about God giving us things we don't even ask for... )
As I was paying, this family came up behind me. I couldn't tell if there was one or two kids running around, but there was also another baby in a carrier in the buggy.
I've been in that situation.
And the couple were really fussy (I've been there too... )
The husband and wife looked pretty ticked anyway (probably due to having to maneuver with small kids through a store doing everything they can to make said kids ask/yell/scream for everything... but that's not the point of this story either).
Anyway, the husband asked the wife where the eggs were. She got all huffy and said, "They're right there on the counter."
And he said, "Well, I didn't see them."
And she said, "Well, you need to start looking. It's like this every time! You don't look!!"

 )
They were frustrated.
And probably had every right to be.
I've been there... I'm sure you have too.
Here's the problem...
I watched this family interacting at Wal-mart, not being their best selves and it was like looking in a mirror. There have been times when I've been so upset/frustrated/overwhelmed that I know I got talked about in the 'good' people's cars on the way home.
I remember once... On my husband and my anniversary...
I was SOOO mad at him (I can't remember why now)... that I refused to smile our entire date night!
I was trying to make *him* look bad (how dare he do whatever it was he did... I almost think it was because he didn't get me a present... or a card.. or something, I don't remember now)
But in the end, it was Me that looked like a baffoon and I'm sure people felt bad for him being married (or probably at the time tethered) to *that*.
So... what I learned at Wal-mart is to always show *LOVE* (my word for 2012). because you never know who's watching.
And not only because other's see you... but because God sees you... and your kids see you. (Your kids only get your good qualities... right?)
What do people see when they see you with your family?
pray about it... don't just pretend to be calm, gentle, loving really try to feel that way inside.
We ALL get frustrated (OH, don't I know it). But when we do, we need to try our hardest to pray and ask God to keep our nerves (and our temper and our frustration) in check.
Much Love,
Kelly

Linked with Women Living Well, On Your Heart Tuesday 

best, love, love story, and more:

Life Lessons from Wal-mart: Part 2 + Review