Purple Prose + Review

Delight-- 5 Minute Friday

Here's the deal: It's my first 5 minute Friday.

Here are the rules in a nutshell:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.

This week's word is-- DELIGHT.

And...

GO

When I started thinking about this word, my 19 month old daughter came running up to me with her hands up for me to pick her up. I, of course, picked the smiling thing up-- her face lit up like a christmas tree.

Delight is what she had all over her face. Delight that Mama spent time with her.. hugged her.. kissed her... then put her down so she could play again.

As I sat down to write this, I began watching my other girls. They were watching Wipeout (because... you know.. it's a good, wholesome show ;) ) and jumping all over the couches, chairs, fireplace, footstools, etc. They were having a blast. *I* was cringing on the inside.

What if they got hurt?

What if they broke something?

What if they broke a bone? (because I thought of the furniture first lol).

What if they hurt the baby?

What if...

What if..

What if...

But watching them play, a smile crossed my face. And I had to laugh at the little buggers. They were SO into playing wipeout that they were very serious about their obsticles. (And I have to admit, they were doing a great job!). The delight on their faces made my heart melt.

So yeah, even grumpy--- "too strick" (at times) Mommy Kelly let her girls jump all over the furniture and laugh.

It was a good night.

STOP

Linked with: 5 minute Friday

and more:

Delight-- 5 Minute Friday + Review