Purple Prose + TIME

All Hail, the Coupon Queen!!!

Ok... maybe not a 'QUEEN' yet... or even a princess... or a dutchess... or a lady... or even a coupon servent... but I went on my first coupon shopping spree today!!! (wanna know how I did... do ya? Do ya?... )

First, I should give you some background. I was totally inspired by my friend and fellow J10 Mommy Rachel's youtube video on coupon shopping... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzpulo11Rvs&feature=feedu ). That girl has it down! :) I've wanted to do it for a while, but she made it seem so... attainable.

So, I got the Sunday paper (for the first time in like... ever. See saving money can be a good thing) and decided to give it a try. I cut... I pondered... I divided into 6 catagories (kitchen, food, bathroom, beauty, meds, and misc), and put each catagory into a white envelope. I cleaned out my pocketbook (yeah, it needed it LOL) and put my envelopes in... and then... I got to the business of making my list. I only picked things that I knew I needed. I wrote them on a list and I placed the coupon into a clear baggie. The system I used was first write a list... second, put coupons from list in baggie... third, once item was found, put coupon in a second baggie and cross off the list. That way I knew I had all of the coupons and I didn't have to waste time at the check out.

Then the fun began...

My 5 year old asked me what it meant to coupon, and I told her, "Well, it's kinda like a scavenger hunt. We have to look for these matches and put them in the buggie." And that's the game we played, and I have to admit... it was fun!

I had coupons for all but 3 of the things I bought (formula for Everlee, ketcup, and Goldfish for Katie's school snack). The total for all of my things was $68.00...

Then the moment of truth...

Would it be worth it...

Would I look like a big idiot at the checkout with my little hand full of coupons (remember I've never done it before and I hate doing things I haven't done before... ;) )...

Would the family behind me cringe at not only the 'coupon lady' but also the 'check lady' (sorry people behind me)?

So, the cashier rang everything up, and I ended up saving... $10.00! :)

I thought that was pretty good way to start doing this. I know there are others way more advanced... who end up having the store paying them lol, but I'm not that savvy... yet (maybe someday).

I shall now call myself the 'Coupon Apprentice'...

and now all I need is my Yoda... or my Obi Wan... or Anakin before he went all evil (Whichever ;) )

Much Much Love,

Kelly~ "Much to learn, you still have." (The wise words of Yoda)

book, FUN, love, and more:

All Hail, the Coupon Queen!!! + TIME