Purple Prose + Review

A-- Adulthood

This April, I'm participating in the blogging A-Z challenge...

www.a-to-zchallenge.com
I've finished the book (aahhhhhhhhhh :)) so now I have time to actually, you know, blog :)
The A-Z challenge is simple, write a blog post a day starting with A, ending at Z, with Sunday's off (except for today) for good behavior...
Today's letter is A: Adulthood
I'm not going to lie, I don't feel as old as I am... not that 31 is old. But I have a hard time thinking back that it's been twelve years since I graduated high school; that it's not the 90s any more; and that I do in fact, have three kids and an SUV (I had a little red Mustang in high school... )
I'm a soccer mom now. I fix boo boos. I've been a teacher for (oh my) nine years. I write with a 20 month old crawling around on my lap. My joints hurt, and I worry about things like blood pressure-- and sunburns.
I watch more kids shows than I ever have before. I got upset when Nick Jr. got rid of Moose and when the old Marina left.
Adulthood is weird. You pay bills, take care of kids, have a job, clean, work, and have a little time for yourself... and if you aren't careful, you start to miss the 'good ole days' when you were 'young and carefree'.
Except if those really were the 'good ole days', then why did I choose to grow up?
Because I wouldn't trade my kids for my high school days. I wouldn't give up my big ole SUV for my old red Mustang (even though it was pretty awesome). I wouldn't give up my husband for the 'cutest' guy in high school.
I've grown up (mostly). It happened without me really realizing it. One day I was driving with my three kids in the backseat of my big, ole SUV and thought, "Wow, look at that."
How about you? Do you feel like an 'adult'? Do you remember when it hit you that you were?
Much Love,
Kelly
Linked with the A to Z challenge @ www.a-to-zchallenge.com 

blogging, book, love, and more:

A-- Adulthood + Review