Purple Prose + Review

K--Kindness

Today's letter in the A to Z Challenge is...

K is for Kindness.
Ok, I admit that the K picture doesn't exactly go with Kindness, but I thought it was neat--
Anywho, Kindness...
I like to think I'm a kind person. I could probably be more kind than I am, but all in all, I'm nice.
Unless it comes to the people I love-- and then-- well, I tend to forget about being nice.
Are you like that?
I think a lot of people are. It's easier to be nicer to the waitress or the cashier at Wal-mart than to our kids or husband or family or even friends.
Why is that? Why do we want strangers so badly to think we are nice when we don't really care what our loved ones think?
I think a lot of it has to do with two year old syndrome (stick with me)-- You know how a kid is? They will fuss, fight argue, etc with you because they know you love them. They actually treat people they love worse than people they are scared of (ie strangers) because they know Mama or Daddy or Nana or Papi love them no matter what.
We are like that when we aren't kind do our family/friends. We know they love us, and know they will forgive us, so we let our guard down and let them have it.
Wonder what would happen if we treated everyone with kindness-- even our family-- and even those that drive us nuts?
Much Love,
Kelly

love, and more:

K--Kindness + Review