Purple Prose + TIME

~Product Review... Crayola Color Bubbles~

My middle child loves bubbles so imagine my excitement when I saw a commercial for this...
Crayola Colored Bubbles!

I mean, HUZZAH, right? Colored Bubbles! My daughter would be in total bliss.

So, this Easter, "The Bunny" brought her the colored bubble set with sidewalk chalk...

Photobucket

She was very excited so we went outside to play after church... and the excitment faded.

Two of the big selling points to the colored bubbles (besides the colors obviously) are: 1. They are washable. 2. They are in spill proof bottles.

Both claims I found to be false.

Exhibit A:

Photobucket

This is my daughter's shirt (I was smart enough to let her wear one of her Daddy's old white ones) after the bubbles... that's fine. I expected a mess... I mean 'colored bubbles' after all...

However, after I washed the shirt right after we got back in...

Photobucket

The stains are there... they aren't bad stains, but if she had been wearing one of her shirts and not one of her Daddy's then I would have been kinda angry. Part of it is my fault. I read AFTERWARDS that I was supposed to wash in hot water (I always wash in cold). I'm unsure if that would have helped or not... so that may be my error and not the company...

But not this one...

Exhibit B:

Remember when I said one of the claims was "Spill Proof Bottles"?

Yeah...

Photobucket

This product was so messy and so messy that my kids didn't want to use it much. The bubble solution would come out of the 'spill proof top' when you were pulling the wand out and go all over them. Twice I heard, "Ew, Mama!" and looked and they had green or purple hands. I thought maybe I had made a mistake, and the product was for older kids... but no. The age for it is 3+ which they are. I even disliked how messy it was when I used it, and I was trying to be careful.

Exhibit C:

This isn't really a 'claim' and it DID say to test on the surface before you started, but really... I'm going to test it and wash it off while I have 2 young, excitable, hyped up on excitement and Easter candy waiting in the wings???? Yeah... I should have...

Photobucket

The picture above is the 'before' shot which is perfectly fine because I expected the bubbles to make a mess when they popped... that was supposed to be the fun of it (although nothing really was fun about any of it).

And here is the after...

Photobucket

I washed... and washed... and washed... and washed... and washed with the hose and it wouldn't come off. The purple did really well which surprised me really because we had more trouble with the purple bottle than the green one. I can't say I'm exactly thrilled about the state of my carport right now.

The bubbles were pretty. They didn't hang long and they seemed to be really heavy (I guess from the solution used). I liked the idea... but was very disappointed with the outcome. This won't be a product I buy in the future, and I hate that because I usually love Crayola products.

Much Love,

Kelly

FUN, love, the Purple, and more:

~Product Review... Crayola Color Bubbles~ + TIME