Purple Prose + TIME

"Meaningful Mondays"

My friend Jennifer has a blog called Imitation by Design It is an awesome blog, and I'm not just saying that lol. It really is a great place. It has recipes, encouragement... and a little thing called "Meaningful Mondays"

I LOVE Meaningful Mondays! If she doesn't write it... I ask where it is lol. It's where she writes a devotional or something meaningful (hence the name). She has a real gift for this.

Now...

I've told her that she should do a Linkytool to her Meaningful Mondays so others can get in on the action. I'm not sure if she will or not... BUT I decided that I was going to do it anyway. We all need some uplifting. We all need some sort of encouragement. We all need something to think about. We ALL need something meaningful to read (What? You mean that 'In Style' I just read wasn't 'meaningful'? Um.. no. Informative thought it may have been... NOT meaningful... ")

I don't know if I'll do this every Monday, but I did want to make mention to you all about her site and what her Meaningful Mondays are :)
************************************
Here is my contribution to "Meaningful Mondays"...

Positive or Negative????

Have you ever been around a negative person?

Of course you have. We ALL have. You know those people who are NEVER happy. They could win $2 million dollars and still not be satisfied because they'd have to count it (ok, not REALLY, but you know what I mean).

The people who have been blessed by God and don't realize it.

The people who see the glass as half empty.

The people who when get good news, see only the problems that come with it.

The people who fuss in the grocery store because things didn't go their way.

Oh yes... we have ALL seen these people or been around them.

And how do they make us feel?

If you are around a negative person, you feel... negative.

Oh you didn't start off feeling that way. You WERE happy. JOYFUL even. You were excited about (insert something here... ). You were all smiles for miles.

And then...

You met them...

You talked to them...

You had a conversation with THEM...

And what happened?

You tried... you did... You TRIED to stay happy.

You worked hard to keep that positive attitude.

But their negativity... it just crushed you. It got into your mind and stole your joy. Do you know people like that???? How does it make you feel to be around them.

Oh...

Wait...

Proof-reading here...

OH, I wrote that wrong...

Let me go back...

Sorry about that...

Back to the top...

If Someone is around a negative person, they feel... negative.

Oh you (THEY) didn't start off feeling that way. You (THEY)WERE happy. JOYFUL even. You (THEY) were excited about (insert something here... ). You They were all smiles for miles.



And then...


You met them...



You talked to them...



You had a conversation with THEM...




And what happened?



You They tried... you They did... You They TRIED to stay happy.



You They worked hard to keep that positive attitude.



But their YOUR negativity... it just crushed you THEM. It got into your THEIR mind and stole your THEIR joy.

There...

Wow, proof reading that sure didn't make me feel very good.

We ALL know what it's like to be around negative people. It's, quite frankly, annoying. And it DOES steal OUR joy.

BUT what if WE are that negative person? What if WE steal OTHERS joy?

Whoa!

I don't want to steal joy... I want to give it.

I don't want to steal happiness... I want to give it.

I don't want to make someone sad... I want them to be happy.

I don't want to SOW negativity... I want to be positive not only for myself for others.

It's easy to recognize people who have a negative attitude, but can we say the same when the mirror is looking on us?

I admit that I'm not always the most positive person.. and I admit that when I'm around a negative person that I can easily turn that way. I need to pray about keeping a positive attitude. The world has enough negatives. Imagine if some positives came though?

That's NOT saying that we shouldn't talk to people when we are sad and down. The worst thing you can do is bottle it up. However, its good not to make a habit out of it. Look for the positives in life to counterbalance the negatives. A simple joy... a simple laugh can be a positive experience.

Much Love,

Kelly :)

FUN, HAPPY, love, and more:

"Meaningful Mondays" + TIME