Purple Prose + Writing

Taking the Challenge

Today I went for a run.

Nothing unusual about that, really. I normally run almost everyday. And most days, I run pushing my five year old in the chariot. No biggie. Except today I decided to run (literally) to Walmart. Nine to twelve miles from my house, one way. Uphill.

Naturally I had plenty of time to think, and as I ran against a stiff wind, I realized just how much running has in common with my writing and photography. Sometimes it’s so easy to stay in our comfort zone, we don’t realize how much we benefit from pushing ourselves that much further, and trying things we might not have otherwise considered.

So my question for you. How have you challenged yourself lately, and was it worth it? For me, I get to have ice cream tonight. And yes, it was worth it. Okay, I might not feel that way tomorrow. But hey, too late now to change my mind.

photography tips, and more:

Taking the Challenge + Writing