Purple Prose + TIME

Haunted Computer!!!!

When it comes to typos, I have a theory. It doesn’t matter how much you polish your manuscript, those pesky little annoyances keep popping up. Why? Because the gremlin in your computer has a party with letters, words, and commas as soon as you turn the computer off.

Then there’s the word ‘that’. I recently combed through my manuscript and deleted all the unnecessary thats. And there were a lot of them. But as soon as I turned off my computer, the remaining ones made like a bunny and reproduced like crazy. Grrrr!

And I still haven’t figured out what happened to one paragraph I wrote. The next time I went to read it, it had vanished. POUF! Even the version of the manuscript I had emailed myself suffered the same misfortune. Fortunately I remembered what I wrote, so I could rewrite it. Hopefully it’s as good as the original.

Yes, my computer is definitely haunted. Is yours?

Happy Halloween!

HAPPY, hope, LIFE, and more:

Haunted Computer!!!! + TIME