Purple Prose + Review

5 Minute Friday-- Beyond

Um... has it really been 6 days since I've blogged here!?! I'm so sorry! Ug. I've been in edits and I guess neglected this blog (bad Kelly!).

I do have a really cool announcement though. Starting Monday the 30th and every Monday thereafter until CROSSING THE DEEP is released on October 9th, I will post some facts about the book, the book's location, and other odds and ends that I hope you all find interesting. This Monday, I'm going to talk about my character's names (Asher and Rachel) and how I came up with them (Rachel took FOREVER!).
Today is Friday which means 5 minute Friday from lisajobaker.com. Basically, she gives a prompt and you write for 5 minutes. No editing, no going back... just write (it should be relaxing... if you ignore your inner editor yelling at you lol).

So...

Today's word is: Beyond

GO

God has blessed me beyond anything I could ever imagine. My husband and I were talking about it last night and it is just unreal. My kids, my house, my new car, my husband, my book deal-- It doesn't seem like I deserve any of them.

And do you know something???

I don't.

Not really.

And I shouldn't even say 'MY' because they aren't 'Mine'. All things belong to God: God's kids, God's house, God's car, God's husband (for me), God's book deal-- All of it came from Him.

Things aren't always a bed of roses. Sitting in a car with a dead battery in the middle of a crowded intersection wasn't my idea of fun. But God went beyond anything I imagined. My husband said he prayed for people to be nice and help me. God provided 5 men who helped me and a nice lady who stayed with me while they tried to get my car out of the intersection. He allowed the restaurant we went to for help to give me and the girls water because it was over 100 degrees and we were hot... and slightly panicked. And, He allowed us to not only get the car fixed, but for just a few extra dollars a month, we got my dream car! (Dodge Charger.. the best part is it's still under warranty. The warranty ran out on my other can 2,000 miles ago..).

Yesterday was a very overwhelming day and I can't thank God enough for taking care of us. It could have been so SO much worse!

Has God went above and beyond what you expected/hoped He'd do in your life? Leave a comment and share with the 'class' :)

STOP

Linked with: www.lisajobaker.com

best, book, dream, hope, release, and more:

5 Minute Friday-- Beyond + Review