Purple Prose + TIME

The "Big Announcement"

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 (NKJV)
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not envy, love does not parade itself, it is not puffed up;
does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there be tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
****************************************
Ok, I know what you are thinking... That wasn't an announcement.. THAT was 1 Corinthians 13.
And you are right...
HERE is the announcement.
Starting September 5th, Oh that Mom Again is presenting a free, 12 week Bible Study on 1 Corinthians 13:1-13.
We are going to dissect it...
Look at it from lots of angles...
And learn all about "What is Love?"
The study is called Love Is...
And I am very excited to bring it to you :)
**Have you ever wondered about Love? Who you were supposed to love? How you are supposed to love? Can you really ever reach 'perfect true' love? What other verses in the Bible deal with Love?
If you have... this the Bible Study for you! :)
This Bible Study isn't just for married people. It's not just for people in relationships. It's for us all and how we are supposed to love everyone... even our enemies (dun, dun, dun)
There are 3 reasons why I am telling you about this so early...
1. I'm asking for prayers for it. Please pray for me while I do the finishing touches on it... that I follow what the Lord wants me to do. And please pray for yourself... pray and ask God if you should participate in this study (I sincerely hope the answer is yes :) )
2. There are going to be some things posted here and on my facebook page (you can 'like' the box to the right to be connected) that is going to lead us up to the Study... to get us energized... To help us be ready...
3. I'm looking for ideas on how best to make this Study interactive. I'm going to use the OTMA facebook page along with this blog. I'm also going to use a linky tool in case anyone wants to participate in the 'Blogging the Bible' questions at the end of every week. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?
For this Bible Study, all you will need are 3 things: a pencil/pen, notebook, and a Bible (doesn't matter which version). that's it :)
So, that's it. I hope you decide that this is something you would like to participate in with me. It won't take up much time in your day, and it can really help you grow (It has really helped me).
It's not mandatory, but if you'd like, please leave a comment below if you are interested in participating in this Bible Study on Love OR if you have any questions.
The countdown is on... Are you ready for September 5th?

Much Love, Kelly

(linked with... Women Living Well Wednesday, Women in the Word Wednesday, Encouraging Words Wednesday

best, blogging, book, FUN, hope, love, and more:

The "Big Announcement" + TIME