Purple Prose + TIME

Tonight's thoughts are brought to you by the Letters C and W

Ok... so *maybe* little known fact, I'm (or was) a big fan of the WB/CW show 'Smallville'. I didn't watch the first 2 seasons because we didn't have the WB (I KNOW!), but I have seen them since. I haven't watched every episode (it ran for 10 years), but I have seen the majority of them.

Smallville, if you never saw it, was Superman's Clark Kent in his teen years (and it ran so long that he married Lois in the finale). For the first few years, Lex Luthor (played by Michael Rosenbaum) was, of course, the main villian.

Michael brought Lex back for the series finale (made me happy), but also I got to watching some youtube videos. I found this one..

Yes... I am seriously sharing this with you.

Don't stop reading.. there is a point to this.

I was watching the video tonight (because, I mean, what else do you do on a Saturday night after you finish reading your Bible???) and something struck me.

There is a line Lex, our villian, speaks where he says, "I don't want to do Good things. I want to do Great things."

I got to thinking about myself. Do I want to do 'Good' things or do I want to do 'Great' things?

Great things tend to bring up images of changing the world but maybe not in a good way, some big 'important' leadership position, a person famous for 'something'. In my mind, something 'great' means something self-important.. usually not a wonderful person. You might think something differently.

Good, to me, makes me think of God. Trying to live the right way. Trying to share encouragment. Trying to tell people about him even when maybe it's not the most popular thing to do.

There is a difference in wanting to be a 'Good' somebody and a 'Great' somebody... and usually not for the better.

I would rather be a good person than a great person. I would rather be remembered last than groveled at first (but none of the words spoken to me sincere).

Is your goal to be a GOOD person or a GREAT person? To do GOOD deeds or GREAT schemes? Do you think you can be a good person who goes on to do great things (in a good way)? Do you think that the desire to do 'Great things' is always a bad thing as in Lex's case?

Who knew the CW network could be so thought provoking?

Much Love, Kelly

FUN, HAPPY, love, and more:

Tonight's thoughts are brought to you by the Letters C and W + TIME