Purple Prose + TIME

Bible in 90 Days: Week 4

It's been another exciting week reading the Bible in 90 days :) I have learned a lot. A whole lot that I didn't know. Or things that I 'thought' I knew weren't exactly what I thought they were.

Here are some things I learned:

*There were people named Heman AND Sheerah (1 Chronicles 8:24 and 1 Chronicles 15:17)

*The Judges weren't perfect (by any means), but they willingly served God. (Judges)

*DON'T promise God you will sacrifice the first thing that comes out of your house... what do you THINK will come out of your house? (Judges 11)

*Ehud was awesome :) Reminds me of James Bond (Judges 3)

*Delilah's womanly wiles weren't what caused Samson to finally tell her the truth about his strength in his hair... it was her nagging (Judges 16:16)

*Ruth was King David's Great Grandma (book of Ruth 4:16)

*God doesn't judge based on what we look like.. he looks at our heart (1 Samuel 16:7)

*Goliath was over 9 feet tall (1 Samuel 16:4)

*Wanna know what David paid King Saul to marry his daughter Michal? 100 Philistine foreskins... ewwwwwwwww. How would you like to be 'paid' for with 100 foreskins? (1 Samuel 18:25)

*Sooooo... who WAS the real mother? The one who said her baby was switched or the other woman? (1 Kings 3)

*The Israelites worked so hard to go to the promised land... then they turned from God and were exiled... (2 Kings 26)

There is more, but that's all I post. I have really loved reading this. It's very interesting and I've learned a lot. I'm not going to post the reading for this week because I'm about 6 days ahead and I don't really remember where I left off... you can find the schedule at www.momstoolbox.com.

If you ever get a chance to read the Bible straight through, I encourage you to do it. It's a really interesting experience.

Much love,

Kelly

book, FUN, love, and more:

Bible in 90 Days: Week 4 + TIME