Purple Prose + TIME

My Attempt at 'SuperMomdum'

(Note: Today's Brag on God is a bit different... )

So...

Yesterday afternoon, my 6 year old came into my classroom crying after school.

BIG, monster tears.

Her friends were going to the 'big football game... and she wasn't.'

If you don't know, I live in a small Southern town. Friday Night Football in the fall is the be all, end all of everything. The world stops on Friday nights during football season. The stadium is packed and 'everyone' (well most everyone) is there.



(That's me and my 3 kids... Well 2 of my kids and one forehead lol)

*I* personally haven't gone to a game since a year after I was in high school and was kinda hoping that my kids wouldn't want to go until they were at least in Junior High. I like the games and the band, it's just hard to take 3 kids (well hard for me anyway).

I didn't really want to go last night, but my baby was crying. I felt so bad for her. I mean, it's not her fault that she has 2 little sisters and its hard to let her do things while I lug the other 2.

So.. I, being Mommy of the Year, told her yes. I'd take her. BUT there were 3 rules:

1. We had to leave at half time. My kids go to bed early. The baby goes to bed at 6:30 and kickoff wasn't until 7 so yeah, there was no way we could make it all the way to the end of the game.

2. IF the baby started crying, we had to leave... half time or not.

3. She HAD to sit with me. She couldn't go running around with her friends. I'm a worry wart and I want my kids with me (this is probably why they will leave me when they get older... probably move out of state... sigh)

ANYWAY, enough of that pity party (there is much more to come lol)... she agreed to those terms and off we happily went.

Well, we included me, her, the 4 year old, the 13 month old, and my WONDERFUL sister, Kathy. Off we traipsed to eat, Wal-mart (to get the baby some shoes... she ate her last pair... yup, well there were teeth marks anyway), then to the ballgame.

Everything was fine and dandy. We were having a good time. Everyone was being good.

The 6 year old wanted to sit in front of the cheerleaders...

So we did...

The 6 year old wanted to sit next to the band...

So we did (remember I wanted SOOO badly to make her happy because as the oldest, she kinda gets overlooked at times)

And then *it* happened.

The 6 year old saw... her friends... running around... NOT having to sit with their mothers...

And the tears flowed.

She was so upset that she had to sit with me and 'If Daddy was here, he'd be so mad at you for making me unhappy' Uh-huh... *that* went over well.

We finally made it through half time and left. The baby and the 4 year old had a great time. The 6 year old... NOT SO MUCH.

She was furious at me. Huffing and puffing.

Sigh...

So yeah, Mom of the Year, I was not.

My ego was bruised.

I had no idea how to handle this situation.

I felt defeated... by a 6 year old (yeah, I can see you parents of teens/adults smiling at me... saying "Oh honey, it's just beginning." I know, and I have 2 more behind her! ;) )

And of course, after they got in the bed and I was alone, I had time to think. And as most of my thoughts seem to go, I started thinking about God.

We ask God for something, and He SO wants to make us happy, so He gives it to us.

We take it, but its not 'exactly' what we want...

OR we just want more.

And then we get mad at God.

We huff and puff...

How DARE He do this to us?

WHY doesn't He bless us?

WHY does He want to punish us?

WHY do I have to do what HE wants and not go with MY friends?

WHY is our Heavenly Parent so MEAN?

Yes, it's true, friends. Sometimes, I act like a 6 year old when it comes to God .

Reflecting on my feelings from the night, it really made me feel bad for how I must make God feel sometimes.

She has told me she was sorry this morning... and, of course, I forgive her... not thinking I'll go to any more football games in the future though...

Maybe..

Unless she has those big monster tears.

Much Love, Kelly

(Linked with Brag on God Friday )



FUN, HAPPY, love, and more:

My Attempt at 'SuperMomdum' + TIME