Purple Prose + TIME

Bible in 90 Days: Week 6 and 7... And a favor

****I can NOT believe that I typed this... and forgot to post it. Whoops! Oh well, I'll just add week 7 to it so its double the Bible Awesomeness :)

Below was SUPPOSED to be last weeks post...



I can't believe I'm already over half way through with the Bible. It's very exciting to think about. I got to Proverbs this week... one of my favorite books.

Basically, this week was spent in Job, Psalms, and part of Proverbs.

This is what I learned this week:

*Job might have been the first book written for the Bible (possibly written by Moses).

*Job wasn't as patient as I thought he was... he didn't turn his back on or curse God... but he sure wasn't that patient.

*Psalms was written by other people besides David (I'm sure most other people knew that, but I didn't).

*Psalm 117 is the middle chapter in the Bible... it is also the quote that Paul used in Romans 15:11 that shows God's salvation is for all people.

*"This is the day that the Lord has made... I will rejoice and be glad in it" (Ps 118: 24)

*Solomon wrote most... but not all of Proverbs.

*"The first to speak in court sounds right-- until the cross examination begins" Prov. 18:17.

Can't wait to see what this week brings :)

Again, if you'd like to follow along, the reading schedule is at www.momstoolbox.com

Much Love, Kelly

****************************************************
And...

This weeks...

This week, I have made it to Isaiah.

Isaiah is a bit hard on me. After the short chapters of Psalms and Proverbs, it is a bit hard to get my mind set back to longer passages/chapters and, of course, its prophesy. So I'm having trouble keeping up with what prophesies were fullfilled when. I made it to Ch. 53 tonight and I have to say that I think its pretty awesome how someone who lived 700 years before Jesus knew so much about him.

It's like reading an autobiography... on an autobiography on a person who hasn't lived yet.

It's a hard read... but its very interesting.

Here are my thoughts on Week 7:

*Wow, I can't believe it's already week 7!!!

*"Everything is meaningless" is the entire book of Ecclesiastes... which is depressing, BUT can also be a good thing! If everything is meaningless, then all our troubles mean nothing. We shouldn't worry about them because in 100 years, they won't mean squat (kinda harsh, but it's true). But Solomon did say at the end to live it up... but not too much because you still had to stand before God to be judged.

*Song of Songs still makes me blush.

*Ecc. 7:20 is one of my favorite verses: Not a single person on earth is always good or never sins.

*Song of Songs 4:2 makes me laugh at the mental image: Your teeth are white as sheep, recently shorn and freshly washed.

*Isaiah was a well liked prophet... until he started telling the people things they didn't want to hear.

And that's it for this week :) (Hopefully I will remember to press 'publish post' today... sigh. Anyway, I'm a few days ahead and still going strong in B90. I still have a lot of things marked that I can't wait to read and study up on.

Here is the favor I'd like to ask of you: I would love to have 4-5 guest posters for the next few weeks. I need to spend some extra time working on the 'Love is... " Bible Study that starts Sept 5th (2 weeks away) :) :). I'd love some posts on the Bible, Faith, being a Mom, etc. If you are interested, please send me an email at ohthatmomagain@yahoo.com. Thanks so much :)

Kelly :)

book, favorite, FUN, hope, love, and more:

Bible in 90 Days: Week 6 and 7... And a favor + TIME