Purple Prose + release

50 DAYS until the Release of Crossing the Deep!!

I know... I know... I sound like a woman waiting for a baby to be born. I've had 3 of those countdown tickers before and while this isn't as exciting as that... it is definitely a close second :)

So, where does the book stand? Well, a few weeks ago I sent my content edits back to my editor and now it's at the proofreader. I'll get those back and will start working on those edits.

While I'm waiting I have one book out on submission and I just started the first 3,000 words of book number 3!! I'm excited and actually pretty nervous about it. It's one of those things where I wrote it and thought it was awesome... then went back and reread it and went.. 'Oh My'.

But I have to remember it's the first draft. First drafts are always 'rough'. But I'm lazy and would love to help myself out on edits by making this book as clean as possible... but it's cutting into the creative part of my brain so I'm going to have to tell my inner editor to take a hike and enjoy writing. I always get this way when I start a book. You work hard, get a book complete... and then, well... you go back square one lol.

I can't wait to see the cover art for 'Crossing the Deep'. I think that's when it will really hit me that... wow.. I'm a published author. (how cool is that!?!?!)

There has been some confusion as to what type of book Crossing the Deep is... People assume that since I'm a pre-k teacher that it's a children's book, but it's not. I'm not a good illustrator (my stick people need work), and sometimes that helps in Children's lit. Actually, Crossing the Deep is a Young Adult/Inspirational/Christian novel. Young Adult novels are like Twilight, Vampire Diaries, The Hunger Games... only mine is 'clean' Astraea Press only publishes clean novels) and doesn't have vampires. It is 65,000 words long which means it's about 245 pages of standard printer paper (give or take a few pages).

While I'm writing and editing and outlining and watching my ticker count down to zero, I'm also reading an awesome book called Rafael by K. Victoria Chase...

Rafael by K. Victoria Chase

... Oh. My. WORD! I'll have a review up for it this week, but I have to tell you. It's amazing :) I had an audible, "Don't do it woman!" moment and that's always a good thing. You can find it on Amazon or Barnes and Noble or you can buy it straight from the publisher (who happens to be my publisher) Astraea Press (http://www.astraeapress.com)

So, that's whats going on with me in the book world. One book is getting ready to make it's way in the world: One is trying to find a home: and one is trying to get out of my head. :)

7 More Weeks!!!

book, creative, Inspiration, love, Novel, and more:

50 DAYS until the Release of Crossing the Deep!! + release