Purple Prose + Review

N--Nineteen Ninety-One

Today's letter in the A to Z challenge is...

N is for Nineteen Ninety-One.
Or... the year I got saved.
I was 10 (I think... it actually could be 1991 or 92, but the thoughts the same) when I got saved.
I didn't go the altar. I didn't have a moment in the bed while saying my goodnight prayers.
Nope, I got saved---
in a church bathroom during Vacation Bible School (God will meet you anywhere... )
I remember the night perfectly (if not the date). I was at a church I didn't normally go too. After the lesson, was playtime/snacktime. I wasn't happy-- well, I was, but my heart felt heavy. I knew I wanted to be saved.
I didn't want to do it in front of everyone though (I was shy). So, I went into the bathroom, and I prayed-- and I felt better... save the fact that NOW I actually had to tell someone. I told my VBS teacher and at the end of the service I stood up and told the crowd. The preacher looked at me all funny, took me back and talked to me, came out and announced that yeap, Kelly did know what she was talking about.
I got lots of hugs and kisses. Got home and Mama gave me a big hug. My daddy had already gone to bed, but he got up just to give me a big thumbs up (awww).
After that, our preacher came to talk to me at the house a few times, then I got baptised in the lake in October (brrrrr... but I can't complain, my sister got baptised in the lake in the winter... )
I can't believe it's been so long ago. My kids (well the older 2) have already given their hearts to God.
I know some people put ages on salvation. I believe it's a personal choice. I'm sure not going to tell my kids they aren't saved. They were very sincere when they prayed and if they don't think it 'took' when they get older they can do it again.
But that's not the point of this, the point is to tell you all about the day I got saved.
How about you? Do you have a salvation story to share? If you aren't saved, would you like to ask Jesus into your heart and take away your sins? If you need to talk, please send me an email at ohthatmomagain (at) yahoo (dot) com.
Much love,
Kelly
Linked with: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/ 

HAPPY, love, love story, and more:

N--Nineteen Ninety-One + Review