Purple Prose + TIME

~Sunday Supper Favorites~

Lets just start off by saying that I've never been much of a cook (ok, if *that* doesn't make you want to try these recipes, nothing will lol). BUT (stay with me), I found these 2 recipes on http://www.allrecipes.com/ a few months ago, and they are wonderful! I tweeked them because, well frankly, I couldn't remember everything, but the point is they work and they are awesome! My picky family really likes them.

These are 'Sunday Supper Favorites' because Sunday is the only day I have time to make them. During the week, if it doesn't cook in 15 minutes, I can't/won't make it. Simple as that. At the end of the day, my kids are hungry. I'm hungry. And I just don't have time to make a meal that will take an hour to cook. (I'll post my weekly meal plans sometime if anyone is interested.) SO, I have my simple/easy/easily-prepped foods during the weekdays, but on Sundays I try (*TRY*) to make one of these more time consuming (aka longer to cook) recipes.

Also, these are SUPER easy! Sometimes I'll read 'Easy' recipes in a magazine and there will be 14 ingredients! NO, that's not 'easy' (not for me anyway)... so here are 2 ACTUALLY EASY recipes.

Ok:

First off is Meatloaf (I know, I'm not inventing the wheel here lol)

2 pounds of hamburger meat
1 can Rotel
1 sleeve Ritz crackers (good and crushed... that's the fun part lol)
A pinch of: garlic powder, Seasoning salt, pepper (and when I say a pinch, I really mean it)
ketchup (for after it's cooked)

Mix together and put in a loaf pan. Cook at 400 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours. (I always check mine at around an hour to see what's up. At around 1 hour 15 minutes, I drain the oil, cut into slices, and add ketcup on top. Then I put back in the oven. Check every 5-10 minutes to make sure it's not pink any more). I know... I know... not the most detailed recipe, but that's just how I roll). PLEASE try this if you love meatloaf! The Rotel does wonders for it! My family loves it. I serve it with mashed potatoes (instant lol) and green peas (from a can).

Second meal is Baked Ranch Chicken.

1/2 bottle of Ranch Dressing
Chicken breasts (I use 3 bc it comes in a pack that way)
bread crumbs

Marinate chicken in ranch dressing in refrigerator for at least an hour (I put dressing and chicken in a freezer bag and mix well). Take out and coat with bread crumbs. Place in a glass 9 x 13 dish. Cook on 400 degrees for at least an hour. I start checking it at 30 minutes just to see the progress. I'm not going to tell you an exact time because if you are like me, I'll read times for recipes and my food is either under or over done. So, I'll give you an estimate. Ours is USUALLY done at around the 1 hour 10 min mark. I serve with mashed potatoes (instant... of course) and green beans.

Ok, so there are 2 of my family's Sunday Night Favorites. I hope you try them and they turn out super for you! Let me know if you do... and how they turned out.

Much Love,

Kelly

favorite, FUN, hope, love, and more:

~Sunday Supper Favorites~ + TIME