Purple Prose + Review

P-- Prayer

Today's letter in the A to Z Challenge is...

P is for Prayer.
I find myself praying a lot throughout the day. Usually it's "oh Lord help me." but He knows what I'm talking about.
I have a hard time praying before I go to bed-- and I don't know why. It's something I really need to work on it.
I also want to say "Thank you for letting me wake up." every morning before my feet hit the floor. I do most days, but it's always something good to do.
Something I'm NOT good at is praying out loud. I don't like to do it. Like most things, I'd rather do it silently (like writing and reading). I fumble over my words-- it's not pretty. My husband and sister can say a prayer without stumbling like you wouldn't believe. I can say Amen...
I also used to have a prayer journal. It's something I'd really like to start again. It made me sit down, write, and pray. It was very useful and I can't wait to start again.
Prayer requests-- I have a lot of prayer requests. Lots of them are personal and I don't want to talk about the needs of my friends/family in real life on a blog without their knowledge. Just please pray for my family and co-workers and friends. I think everyone needs a prayer or two most of the time.
I have some personal prayer requests I'd like to put out there. And don't think I'm petty-- of course I pray for my health, family, and 'important' things, but again, I don't want to get that personal...
*I'm praying for Crossing the Deep to get an agent. I've sent out 15 or so queries. I've gotten 4 rejections. It's NOT an easy sell (Young Adult Christian-- have you seen many of those??), but I know that if God wants it published, it will be. I'm strangly not stressed over it. But prayers would grately be appreciated.
*I'm praying for Faith-Fiction Friday to be a success and for you all to be blessed through it.
*I'm praying for this blog (and my other) to touch you and bless you.

What are you praying for? Are there any special requests you'd like to add to comments? I'd be more than happy to pray about them with you (And I know others will be too). If you have any prayer requests, please put them in the comments section or if you don't want them public, send me an email at ohthatmomagain (at) yahoo (dot) com.
Much Love,



fiction, HAPPY, love, and more:

P-- Prayer + Review