Purple Prose + Novel

Graceful I am not-- 5 Min. Friday

5 Minutes to write and not edit.. it sounds easy.. it's not ;)

GO

I'm not a graceful person. My kids laugh at me for my awesome Zumba moves. But I'm getting better. I was a bending stick (or tree trunk if you judge on my size ;)), but now I'm more like a slow sloth, but at least my hips are moving... oh yes, they are moving. Moving like a baby penguin learning to walk, maybe? But moving none the less.

There are other ways to be graceful besides being coordinated.
*graceful speech (you know those proper, but not pompus, people who you just love to hear talk).

*graceful women (there are ways some women carry themselves that is just graceful. I work with a few of them. I'm not... I'm more like a shy bulldozer... )

*graceful loser (when you lose, do you go all two year old, or do you lose with some respect left?)

*graceful winner (be honest... do you gloat when you win? Just a little... )

*and graceful with God...
How can that be? Well, being graceful to me means to move fluidly, calmly, patiently... A lot of times, I'm none of those things with God. I don't fluidly walk to the altar-- it's more like a going kicking and screaming.
I'm not calm-- I do tend to yell at Him sometimes when I'm frustrated.
I'm not very patient-- You should SEE how many times I check my inbox lol. It's sad.

Of all the ways to take graceful, I need to work on the being graceful to God most of all. Sure, He understands when I act like a toddler, but I should show Him more respect. He is *God* after all.

Did any of this ring a bell with you? Are you a graceful person? Do you have that calm, quiet, graceful spirit when talking to/about God? Or are you a physical and spiritual klutz like me ;)

STOP

Linked with: 5 Minute Friday

Like this? You can find more at:
My Facebook page and on Twitter

book, Inspiration, love, and more:

Graceful I am not-- 5 Min. Friday + Novel