Purple Prose + Novel

Instead of the Stresses... Let's Think about the Positives

I've been down lately. Even before the Connecticut shootings, I was kinda in the dumps. Hence the reason we had the 12 Stresses of Christmas. I was on 'complaint' number 5 when the shooting happened...

And all of my 'stresses' seemed silly in comparison.
Even though I stopped posting them, I still felt them: no time, lots to do, behind in everything, having to do this and that, perfect presents, decorations (which still aren't completely up), etc... etc... etc...

I felt them, but I didn't want to post them.

SO, to that end, I decided to write about the POSITIVE things about Christmas. The happy things... the good things... the exciting things (how sad that we, I, need reminders).

THE 12 THINGS AT CHRISTMAS THAT REALLY BLESS ME... 12... Baby Jesus 11... carols singing 10... Christmas cards 9... ladies baking 8... smiles a minute 7... Batches of cookies 6... cups of cocoa 5... golden stockings!!!!! 4... Christmas dinners 3... happy children 2... spending time with family and In-ter-net shopping!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

1219121829

(A bad picture of my tree lol... and my 2 year old's coat laying under it ;) )

HAPPY, Inspiration, and more:

Instead of the Stresses... Let's Think about the Positives + Novel