Purple Prose + Review

The 'Perfect' Holiday

I'm off for the next 2 weeks (yay!). Today, I was on facebook trying to decide if I *really* wanted to put a certain status update up. I know... I know... crazy thing to be considering.. and truthfully, if you have to THINK about whether it's a good idea... then it's not a good idea.

The problem wasn't really the topic (I mean, it wasn't anything bad at all), but the problem was image... more specifically *my* image. I was afraid if i posted it, then some might think differently of me. How silly is that? Afraid of how my facebook FRIENDS would think of me?

So, that made me think. How much of our 'public' self is our 'real' self? I try not to hide things on the internet, but there are certain things I'd rather not talk about or let the entire world (or my 175 fb friends) know about.

I've read blogs before that quite honestly make me feel bad. The writer "has" the perfect home, perfect husband, perfect kids, perfect life... it's perfectly annoying. As I sit here thinking about that, I'm reminded of my 'cleaning blog' phase... remember when there was a LOT of that here on OTMA? I wish I could keep that pace up. I do. And it was easy when the baby was little, but now she's 17 months old, and cleaning equals the definition of insanity: "Don't one thing over and over again (cleaning) and expecting different results (for it to stay clean)". I hope I didn't come across as a big 'know it all' or anything over cleaning. I don't mean too... and I Do wish I could have kept it up. My husband's goal for Christmas break? Cleaning (le sigh... ).

I guess what I want everyone to remember this Christmas season is that no one's life is as great as they make it out to be on the internet (or in real life to be honest). We smile when we hurt; we laugh when we want to scream; we don't let anyone know how stressed we are because we want to have what everyone else has (or we think they have)... the 'perfect', greeting card Christmas.

We edit out the bad and elaborate on the good. It's human nature really.

We do need to think about our image and not do anything to tarnish it, but we need to remember that it's not what people think about us that matters... it's what God does. :)

Much Love,

Kelly

P.S... here is a picture of my 'perfectly imperfect' family. :) Love those girls. (Ignore the time stamp lol)

Linked with: On your Heart Tuesday

book, hope, love, and more:

The 'Perfect' Holiday + Review