Purple Prose + Novel

The 12 Stresses of Christmas-- The "Perfect" Gift

For 12 days, I'm writing about the 12 stresses of Christmas... First is MONEY... Second is TIME... Third on my list is...

THE "PERFECT" GIFT

Image courtesy of cescassawin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

The third stress of Christmas that really gets to me... finding the perfect present... Time spinning faster.. and not having enough Mon-ey...

3. The "Perfect" Gift
If you are like me, I'm not a good gift giver. I want to be. I want to give people what they want, but ultimately, I don't think I do. I stress about what the give each person that they will like, but really, they usually end up with a gift card (I know!).

I'd love to be one of those people who always get something 'perfect'. Something thoughtful that everyone will love. I try to do it... then time runs out and I just get something. After that, I get embarrassed by what I got and think, "Next year will be better... "

And then next year comes...

How about you? Do you stress over the perfect gift? Do you worry more about your family's presents or acquaintances/boss? If you have one gift giving/buying piece of advice, what would it be?

~Kelly

Lord, please help us remember that there is only one 'perfect' gift-- Jesus. Everything else is just icing on the cake. Help us be mindful of other's wants/needs/likes, but know that in the end, it truly is the thought that counts. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen.

Inspiration, love, and more:

The 12 Stresses of Christmas-- The "Perfect" Gift + Novel