Purple Prose + Review

Two of my Favorite Words: "Daddy, Look"

I have lots of favorite words: "Mommy", "I love you", "I'll help", "It's naptime"...

But this morning, I found two more to add to the list: "Daddy, look."

Now, there are a few reasons this caught my attention this morning.

1. It was Daddy look, and not Mommy. Mommy gets asked, ne told, to look all. the. time. Now, you are going to think I'm complaining, and I'm not. I love it-- but-- it gets old the 40th time you see the same cartwheel (I'll admit it). It was nice for Daddy to be singled out if only once in a blue moon.

2. Daddy was here to look. I've mentioned before that my husband hasn't been on first shift long (since October or November). For as long as my girls remember, Daddy wasn't here in the morning because he was either coming home from work (3rd shift) or sleeping (2nd). They didn't get to see him a whole lot.

We were grateful he had a job of course, but it was hard on us. I still salute the single parent families, the military families, and all others who have to do it on their own. It can't be easy.

Anyway, back to the point, my middle daughter (who turned 5 today :)) ran down the hall with her new backpack as I was coming out of the baby's room. I heared her say, "Daddy, look!" He said brightly, "Yeah, I like it." And she giggled and ran off.

My heart melted.

It might seem like a little thing, but it was big to me. After all of these years of being the primary caregiver, the booboo kisser, the cook, the cleaner, the 'look' person-- and now I get to share it with my husband who seems to get a kick out of it as well.

Kids need their daddies (if they are able to be around). Sometimes, a Daddy lives in the same home, but isn't around (and it may not be their fault). I've been there, and it's so So hard!

I mentioned last post that I watched the movie Courageous. I know it really affected my husband (and me as well). I don't want to miss my kids growing up. I don't want to miss an opportunity to look at a cartwheel or a silly little song. My husband told me tonight... (when I looked at him angrily because he was aggrivating the girls as we walked into the store... yes, Walmart. They were being loud, and I wanted them to be not so wound up.)... "Kelly, have some fun."

Hmmmm... What a novel idea!

Proverbs 17:6 "Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers."

Linked with: Winsome Wednesday and Women Living Well Wednesday  

favorite, love, MOON, movie, Novel, and more:

Two of my Favorite Words: "Daddy, Look" + Review