Purple Prose + TIME

As per request... (Because that's how I roll... )

So, I wrote this on the mommy board and a few people requested that I put it on here. So here ya go... in all it's glory ;)

My Adventures in Co-sleeping...

SO, most of you know that I'm probaby the least crunchy person on this board. I have nothing against crunchiness... In fact, I watch your yt videos. I lurk in the cloth diapering. I secretly wish I bfed. I want to wear Everlee. And part of me really wishes I had of co-slept. All that said, OBVIOUSLY, I'm not doing any of that, and that's ok. However, last night, I just KNEW that I was going to have my chance to be at least a tad bit crunchy... on the cusp of granola as it were...

Everlee was sick with allergies... which *I* knew but someone was freaking out (for some reason). Anyway, long story short, when it was time to go to bed, I was a bit panicky. Her room is right next to mine. I can hear her breathing sometimes... however, she's my baby, and she was sick and if anything had of happened to her while she was asleep, I would have never forgiven myself... SOOOOOOOOOO I had the bright idea that I was going to co-sleep.

BRILLIANT!

*I thought*

I'll be a 'good' Mama! For once, I'll do SOMETHING 'AP'. For ONE night at least, I'll be *that* mom... those were my thoughts. Yes, I was going to be awesome. Mom of the Year.

SO, Everlee was sleeping soundly in her bed. I went in, gently got her out of her bed, and took her into the room w/me. We laid down and I put her on my chest... so I could feel her breathing. See, what an AWESOME Mother I was!!!! I felt so warm and so snug... and then...

Everlee.

Sweet Everlee with her big matted together eyes from allergies looked up at me and just stared like I was the craziest person ever. I smiled and told her that it was ok. That Mama was being good. That I was going to take care of her and make her feel better.

She wasn't buying it.

She fussed.

She tried to get away.

I tried different ways to hold her comfortably.

She wasn't amused.

Finally, she looked up at me. Warm from a fever. Eyes still matted. Opened her mouth and tried to cry... but where she was sick barely a whisper came out. Soundless tears. It was honestly the saddest sight ever.

I had to lick my wounds.

So, I picked poor, sick Everlee up. Gave her a kiss. Put her back into her crib in her room (where she immediatly went back to sleep... that crazy alien wearing her Mama's face had finally put here where she belonged)

I went to my room alone. Set my clock for 1 am and checked on her every 2 hours....

And that was my experience w/co sleeping

Just call me 'Jello'

adventure, FUN, and more:

As per request... (Because that's how I roll... ) + TIME