Purple Prose + TIME

What motivates you?

Who needs some motivation today!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh my gosh!

I've used this picture before and I'll use it again.

Today, I just didn't want to do anything. I'll be quite honest with you. The only thing I wanted to do is sit on the computer and 'Google' (do the kids still say that? Or is it 'bing' now? Whatever, you get the idea.. I wanted to browse the World Wide Web for information)

I had every excuse in the book for not wanting to do anything, of course.
Spud got evicted today (well partly evicted. Doc ended up doing a shave biopsy instead of a punch. IF it is cancer, I have to go back in 2 weeks and have this all done again with a punch biopsy... Yip to the eee. I'll take a few extra prayers in that department if you happen to think of it. I really don't want that done again. Have I mentioned before that I'm a big baby when it comes to pain????)

Photobucket

When you don't want to do something, what motivates you to do it? One of my biggest motivations is this blog. This is my accountibility. I don't want to be a hyprocrit and say something here that I don't do. I haven't missed one night of my cleaning list since I started this... and I don't plan too (Unless I'm just really sick... or not home.) I don't say that to brag... I say that to hopefully encourage you. "What Would Kelly Clean?" after all lol...

Another thing I have learned is that even if *I* don't feel well (both physically and spiritually), I can open my Bible and find something to motivate me. Yesterday, I found something called SOAP.

SOAP stands for:
Scripture
Observation
Application
Prayer

I encourage each of you to visit that site and see what SOAP is all about. I've done five or six scriptures last night and today using it and it REALLY lets you see what the Bible says to you and has FOR you... So far, it has really motivated me!

Scriptures motivate me. This one from Luke motivated me today. Luke 8:15--And the seeds that fell on the good soil represent honest, good hearted people. Who hear God's Word, cling to it, and patiently produce huge harvests (I'm more of a 'I want it now' type of person... ) That scripture motives me to keep blogging.

On top of accountibality and scriptures, my other motivation is pride. Ok, I know it's a deadly sin and all, but I don't think it's horrible to feel proud in yourself (as LONG as it doesn't go overboard... Pride comes before the fall after all). I do feel proud when I'm not feeling well and I DO complete my chores... and I DO blog... and I DO read my Bible. I feel accomplishment I guess more than pride. Yeah, accomplishment is a MUCH better word. Feeling good about yourself is an awesome motivation. We all need it!

So, again I ask... what is your motivation? What makes you want to do... well anything? What makes you want to clean? To read blogs? To tell people about God? To be a happy homemaker? To take pictures? Whatever it is... what is your motivation? You have to know... because sometimes you forget what it is. Motivation is a sneaky little snake. Sometimes slithers away when you need it the most.

You don't have to tell me. It's personal and it's yours. It's just something good to know for those rainy days when not completing your 'to do list' seems oh so appealing...

Sorry this has been all over the place. This is like the 3rd draft of this particual blog post. I can't seem to get my thoughts in the order I want... Spud is starting to hurt though and I'm going to have to publish this like it is... flaws and all (imagine that).

Much love, happy cleaning, and find out what motivates you... for days when you aren't really that motivated.

Kelly

For the record, yes I completed my "To Do" List tonight :) Huzzah! I found some motivation...

blogging, book, FUN, HAPPY, hope, love, and more:

What motivates you? + TIME