Purple Prose + TIME

Lucky Seven Meme

If you’re considering self-publishing your stories (or your publisher has asked for input on your cover), check out my Querytracker blog post today. I’m talking about covers from a photographer’s point of view and how to get one you’ll love.

<<<3

Gina was tagged last week for the Lucky Seven Meme. She didn’t tag anyone (I love those), but I wanted to participate (minus the tagging part).

Instructions
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they're written--no cheating!
4. Tag 7 other writers
5. Let them know

The book I was querying landed a revision request and is currently as messy as my house while I edit it, so I decided to take the excerpt from my YA horror novel (first draft) instead:

The cruiser pulls away from the curb with Kirk in the back, his head slouched forward. He doesn’t bother to look up at me as they drive past.

A hand presses gently on my lower back. “Are you okay?” Aiden asks. “He didn’t hurt you, did he?”

I’m vaguely aware of shaking my head when I say, “No. We were just talking.”

Aiden hooks his finger under my chin and guides my face so I have no choice but to look at him. “I thought you promised me you wouldn’t talk to him anymore.”

Have you participated in the meme yet? Let me know if you do.

book, LIFE, love, Novel, and more:

Lucky Seven Meme + TIME