Purple Prose + release

I'm Addicted... and I Have to Stop

I know my writer friends will know what I'm talking about, but some of you nice, normal people might not. There is something evil (well, it can be good... but sometimes evil disguises itself as good, right?)
It is something I've checked almost hourly (or more) for the last 2 1/2 months since CROSSING THE DEEP was released.
It's..
The...
Dreaded...
AMAZON SALES RANK!

(THIS WAS FROM A FEW DAYS AGO.. I was #45 in Teen/Religion :) Sorry it's so big. )
Do yo know why it's evil?
Because you can't look away.
It updates hourly (which is better/worse than Barnes and Nobel which updates once a day). So if you don't check at a certain time, your rank might be higher than you thought and you'd never know..
I KNOW... It's a sickness ;)
Crossing the Deep is selling well. It could sell better (heck, Twilight could sell better... ), but looking at my rank makes me nervous, excited, anxious, etc.
Your sales rank tells you about how many books you've sold (no not 40,000 lol. That's how many books I am from the number 1 spot on all of Amazon. The 45 in this case is how many I am from number 1 on Teen/Religion.)
Here's the thing... I REALLY need to stop looking at it. I want so badly to be in the top 25 in Teen/Religion that I look at it religiously (ba da dum).
Do you have something on the internet that you just can't look away from? How often do you check it? How often do you check your email? Are you a slave to your electronic life? Leave comments below along with helpful ways to break the habit ;)
~Kelly (who's fixing to go check Amazon ;) )

book, Inspiration, Novel, and more:

I'm Addicted... and I Have to Stop + release