Purple Prose + Review

More Than You Ask For

The simple things in life make me the happiest. Saturday was no exception.

The husband and I were going out and I desperately needed a bobby pin...

I couldn't find one anywhere at my house. I needed two, and I only had one (Can you feel my pain?)

So finally, like I usually do, I prayed, "God, please. I just need one bobby pin. Where is it?" (Do you pray for little things like that?)


I had this feeling to look in the bathroom drawer just one more time... but this time to actually dig.

Not only did I find one bobby pin... I found four! So, I got to put my hair up a different way (a MUCH cooler way which was awesome in 100 degree heat!)

While I stood there putting my little bobby pins in my hair, I had to laugh. I had asked for one and God gave me four. He gave me more than I asked for... needed... or even thought about. It reminded me of his blessings. It's no secret that I've had some pretty wild dreams/prayers lately. I don't think God faults you for that. But God showed me that He blesses far beyond that which we ask. Not even the sky's the limit for Him (being God and all... )

I'm sure he had a chuckle at my bobby pin epiphany. I know I did :)

Much Love,

~*~Kelly~*~

**Please pray for my husband's aunt, Vanda. She's in the hospital with leukemia. She is one of the sweetest ladies you will ever meet. In fact, she is still trying to take care of her husband (well, tell him what to do lol). We went to see her Saturday and she kept saying, "If the good Lord wills it, I'll get better." Please pray for her and her family. Thanks so much.

**Linked with: On Your Heart Tuesday @ Shanda Oakley Inspires

dream, love, and more:

More Than You Ask For + Review