Purple Prose + Novel

5 Minute Friday-- Join

Every Friday, Lisa-Jo posts a one word prompt and gives us the challenge to write on that word for 5 minutes... no editing (okay, I edit... I can't help it).

Today's word is: JOIN

GO

I'm not very good at joining things. I'm kinda shy (I know... imagine that!) and not very good at talking in conversations because awkward silences make me nervous like, 'What am I supposed to say... am I supposed to say something or is it their turn? Have they noticed that I'm smiling like a loon while exchanging inner dialogue with myself? Are they, in fact, doing the same thing?'

So yeah... it takes me a while to get out of my shell... but boy when I do. When I join in, it's fun.

I edit in my brain before I speak which is good in some ways, but in others not so much. I don't want to say anything wrong or offensive (plus when I write I have a backbutton... my mouth doesn't have one unfortunately). So I end up looking disinterested or just plain silly. But it's okay.

I've noticed that I'm not the only one :)

I think there are a lot of people like me.

What about you? Do you join groups easily? Do you edit yourself before you talk? Should you do that more? ;)

STOP

Linked with: The Gypsy Mama

Inspiration, and more:

5 Minute Friday-- Join + Novel