Purple Prose + Review

An update...

November is coming to a close and that means Nanowrimo is/almost over. It is over for me. If you see the picture to the side, I "won" and finished my story. But, that is only part of it all. I'm currently starting editing which will lead to re-writes, which lead to editing, which will lead to writes, etc.

I'm actually pretty excited about it.
I decided why write this thing if I didn't try to get it sold.
Yeap, you heard that right!
And I know it will take a while to do edits and such, but the reason I'm telling you this is that I need the accountability. I want every once in a while someone to say, "Hey, Kelly. How's the book coming?" to which I tell you the awesomness of it... or the dyer straights I'm in.
Also, it's something new to me. I want to blog about my experience and ask for any experience anyone else out there has.
If traditional publishing doesn't work, I'll look into an eBook.
If that doesn't work, I'll post it on here (in 5 years or so lol).
In any case, this story will be told, and I'm so excited to bring you all on the journey with me.

It is the story of Ruth (the typical teen "good girl") and Asher (a 16 yr old who believes in God.. but based on situations in his life, doesn't think God believes in him). During a hike in the Smokeys with Ruth's newly formed church youth group, a split second decision divides Ruth, Asher and fellow hiker Sid from the rest of the group. With storm clouds looming, a MIA friend, and an unfortunate accident, Ruth and Asher are forced to rely on themselves and God to get them back home.
********

I'm also going to be writing more on 'mommy' topics, because as my kids get older, I have some new concerns going on.
And I'm going to work on Brag on God Friday again and link-up more.
I loved nanowrimo and can't wait until next year... BUT I'm SO happy to have my time back to get this blog back and going. I know I've let it slide some, but I can't wait to start working on it again :) :)
Much Love, Kelly

book, HAPPY, love, love story, and more:

An update... + Review