Purple Prose + Review

Life Lessons... What I've Been Putting off Posting

I've been putting off typing this-- I'm not sure why lol. It's not that I am ashamed of it, but it's easier talking about other people.
Remember the post I had a few days ago about the sour puss couple at Wal-mart and what I'd learned for watching them (to put it bluntly) ?
Well... A few days later, I was put to the test to see if I had really learned my lesson--- *Spoiler alert: I failed*
Here is the story...
A few days after I had posted about 'Life Lessons at Walmart", the husband, myself, and our three girls (6, 4, and18 months) were at... wait for it... Wal-mart (surprise!).

I'll admit-- I wasn't in the best mood. I don't entirely know why. I was tired. I was cranky. I was crabby-- I wasn't fun to be around (le sigh). And the worst part was that I recognized I wasn't being my best self... AND kept thinking on this blog... but I didn't care. I was going to be moody-- darn it!

Well, we made it through the store and to check-out. By that time, I'd totally forgotten everything I had learned about my public appearance, and was the biggest crayola crab ever. Not to the cashier, but I was a bit snippy to my husband and kids.
A *bit*, I say...

We bought $87 dollars worth of stuff. I gave her my check, and... the computer froze.

*Insert jaw drop*

The poor girl tried to fix it, but it wouldn't. The girls were antsy. Their daddy and I were tired. A recipe for a disaster for sure.

We ended up having to take our buggy with our already bagged groceries to another line and had to re-scan them. By this time, I had been hit really hard with the memory of the couple before and what I'd *THOUGHT* I'd learned.

*double sigh*

The lady said she was sorry, and I s miled at her. I told her it was ok, and that it wasn't her fault.

I felt a weight lifted, and I had to smile. My husband and I laughed about it as we (finally) rolled to the car.

If the check had gone through at the first register, I would have left the store as grumpy as I went in, b ut God knew how to get my attention.

He knew that I'd see the irony of the situation-- and laugh (He knows me so well :) )

We ended up having a good evening, and my bad mood lifted.

I hope others didn't see my sour puss mood, but if they did, I hope they take it as a learning experience-- of how *not* to act in a store.

As for me, I learned a lesson-- *ACTUALLY* learn your lesson before you blog about it :)
Much love, Kelly
Linked to: Brag on God Friday 

best, hope, love, love story, and more:

Life Lessons... What I've Been Putting off Posting + Review