Purple Prose + Review

"You want me to do WHAT!?!" Frequently asked Bible in 90 Days Questions

Lots of people have been asking questions about the Bible in 90 days program... which starts... oh.. Monday! :)

I wanted to write a note and answer a few of them in case you had them too:

1. Why?
Well, that was a blunt question... WHY do I need to do the Bible in 90 Days challenge? I don't know why *you* personally need to do it, but for me, I felt... kinda like a hyprocrit. I taught Sunday School.. wrote a Bible Blog or goodness sakes and never EVER read the Bible completely (not entirely sure I'd ever even opened Obadiah). I mean, seriously.

BUT, I don't have a lot of time either.. I know, you'd think I had all the time in the world--- but, I don't. Kids want to be fed (more than once a day!) and the baby occassionally needs a diaper. Then there's work, the blogs, writing, (bingo), etc... etc.. etc.. Blarg.

The Bible in 90 days plan gives you a time line... "I WILL finish by such and such date! I will meet my daily goal! I know I can!". It gives you a light at the end of the tunnel... and I like that :)

2. How can you read that fast... and remember/learn anything you've read?
When doing the B90 program, I thought of the Bible as a book... a story if you will. Sure, I believe the "characters" were real people, but I remember more when I read like a story. What I loved is when people who I'd read about before made cameos later on (but I'm the one who got so excited with Krycek from 'The X-Files' showed up on 'Once Upon a Time'). I'm such a nerd...

You will be surprised how much you will get out of reading, even if you aren't "studying". What I did was read with an ink pen. When I read something interesting, I'd underline it to study on later. It seemed to really work. You will find something that works for you.

3. It can't be that awesome, right? It can't be all butterflies and rainbows. What were the hardships?
Oh sure, like lots of things there are downsides. It is a commitment (don't go running off now, you've read this far... ). Sometimes I'd be sleepy, and fighting to get my daily reading read. Some days you don't want to read, but you know you have too. Sometimes you fight finding the time (more on that later). Some days (probably around day 40.. or when you are in the law books ;) ) you wonder if the 90 days will ever end.

I'm not going to lie. It's not easy.. But... that's one thing that makes it worth it! The feeling of "I did it!" at the end is awesome !

4. Speaking of time-- when am I supposed to find time to read all of this!?
I figure it took me about an hour a day to do my daily reading. But I didn't do it all at once. If I had a free minute, I read (Just think, your bathroom reading material is all set for the next 3 months :) ). You may not believe it, but you will find the time (someway.. somehow).

5. You've convinced me. What do I need to do?
Ok, so this question might be wishful thinking on my part. I got a lot out of the B90 program (which I did last fall through www.momstoolbox.com... great site!), and I want to give you the opportunity.

If you want to join, you can leave a comment below with your name and email address, you can shoot me an email at ohthatmomagain (at) yahoo (dot) com, or you can read the "Bible in 90 Days' tab at the top of this page.

See, easy as pie.
~Kelly

book, love, love story, and more:

"You want me to do WHAT!?!" Frequently asked Bible in 90 Days Questions + Review