Purple Prose + weekend

How I Find Time to Write by Wendy Knight (author of Feudlings)

Continuing on the 'How I find time to write' is the best selling author of FEUDLINGS, Wendy Knight.

Image of Wendy Knight

How I find time to write...
There’s this dream I think most writers have – staying home, writing full time. I have that dream, too, and I’ve got part of it down. I stay home. But I have three kids, and they’re absolutely adorable and I love them to bits, but writing full-time isn’t happening. They have this ability to know when I’m opening a document, and that is the exact moment they will scream, cry, fight, or throw a toy at my head (on accident, of course).
So. Somehow I have to find time for writing, and it’s tricky, because my brain? It doesn’t like writing if someone is going to interrupt it. Editing is fine. It likes to be interrupted when it’s editing. But writing, not so much. Luckily, I have a rock star husband (not an actual rock star. That would suck. He’s an electrician), and we worked out a system. He watches the kids for a couple hours when he gets home from work, AND he cooks dinner, but that’s mostly because I start fires when I try. I write for that hour or hour-and-a-half or however long I get.
Next, my kids go to bed pretty early, because they’re still tiny. So 7:30 p.m., I’m writing until I can’t stay awake any more. I don’t watch TV hardly ever because it cuts into writing time, and I’ll be honest, I miss it! I keep thinking I won’t, but I do. And I don’t sleep as much as I’d like because, well, 1) I’d like to sleep twenty hours a day and 2) It cuts into writing time.
I also spend most of my weekends writing, but I make specific time for family activities. Do I sacrifice some things to write? Yes. But I love writing, and I think chasing my dreams is important, too. That way, I can look my kids in the eyes and tell them that Yes! If they work hard, any dream can come true!

Back Cover Blurb for FEUDLINGS Nothing makes a new school suck worse than discovering the guy you’re in love with is your prophesied nemesis.

Feudlings by Wendy Knight

Ari is the most powerful flame-throwing sorceress ever, and her people’s last hope in an ancient war. But she’s also a seventeen-year-old girl, and in her free, not-hunting-nemesis times, she jumps from school to school, trying to figure out regular people her own age and pretending she’ll get the chance to graduate.
Shane lives a double life. He goes to school and masters the art of popularity, hiding the fact that he has a fate with a slim chance of his survival. He’s destined to end a 300 year-old war by killing or being killed. He knows he’s hunted by a powerful enemy who’s not afraid to die. Only problem? He has no idea who that enemy is.
When Ari shows up at Shane’s school, angry and sullen and determined to keep him at arm’s reach, neither of them realize they are supposed to be killing each other, not falling in love. Until Ari does realize it, and she almost dies – by Shane’s hand.
Author Bio Wendy Knight was born and raised in Utah by a wonderful family who spoiled her rotten because she was the baby. Now she spends her time driving her husband crazy with her many eccentricities (no water after five, terror when faced with a live phone call, etcetera, etcetera). She also enjoys chasing her three adorable kids, playing tennis, watching football, reading, and hiking. Camping is also big: her family is slowly working toward a goal of seeing all the National Parks in the U.S. You can usually find her with at least one Pepsi nearby, wearing ridiculously high heels for whatever the occasion may be. And if everything works out just right, she will also be writing.
Links: Twitter: @wjk8099 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorWendyKnight Blog: www.writethroughthenoise.blogspot.com
Buy Links: Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Feudlings-ebook/dp/B00BWH9UHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363714780&sr=8-1&keywords=Feudlings
Astraea Press: http://www.astraeapress.com/#!/~/product/category=662245&id=21444479
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/feudlings-wendy-knight/1046265853?ean=2940016387277

best, book, dream, hope, Inspiration, love, Novel, and more:

How I Find Time to Write by Wendy Knight (author of Feudlings) + weekend