Purple Prose + Review

J-- Jealousy

Today's letter in the A to Z Challenge is...

J is for Jealousy--
The Green-eyed Monster
I'd love to say I wasn't a jealous person-- but that would make me a liar on top of a coveter.
We can all get jealous from time to time, I think (or at least I hope I'm not the only one).
I'm jealous of people with 'perfect' marriages--
... of people who have lots of blog followes...
... who have comments upon comments upon comments...
... of moms who seem to have all of the answers...
... of women who have had kids and have a flat stomach and no stretchmarks...
... of women who are soft spoken and rarely yell...
Sadly, I could go on... and on... and on... and on... and on...
Sigh.
It's not that I'm not grateful for everything I have, I am. I just don't want to 'mess it up' (am I alone thinking that?)
Jealousy sucks your happiness-- It robs you of being content with what God has given you-- It makes you question yourself.
It isn't fun. And it's something we all need to try to get rid of.
Much love,
Kelly
Linked with: Women Living Well Wednesday, Winsome Wednesday, A to Z Challenge 

hope, love, and more:

J-- Jealousy + Review