Purple Prose + TIME

"That You're In this Place"

Do you ever have days/weeks/months when you just know God is dealing with you? When you can feel it? When you can sense it? When you just know that something is happening?

When you know you haven't been doing your part entirely?

That has been my week.

God has blessed my family so much this week... well every week, but especially this week. On Tuesday, the husband and I were having a conversation (along with our oldest daughter). The conversation was over God and something special He's doing in their lives. More than I could ever imagine... More than I could have ever dreamed!

However... I'm very ashamed to admit that I got kinda bummed that night after my kids went to bed. I was sitting on the computer, blogging... and the husband was sitting on the couch reading the Bible. I was checking something and saw where I didn't have a whole lot of hits to this site... and I got sad about it.

I mean... HELLO?!
God, the head honcho of the entire universe, BLESSED my family and *I* was human enough to get sad over lack of post counts.

Um... PRIORITIES?

Well... I felt conviction right then. I knew God wasn't too happy with me. It was kinda like with the Israelites when He'd been so good to them... but they didn't appreciate it. (I'm all about Judges)

I've had time to think since then (mainly because I couldn't blog), and I have realized how selfish I have been. I sincerely want this blog to grow. I want it to touch people. I want it to be what God wants... AND I don't want to worry about post counts or 'followers' or comments (though I do still appreciate them). There is a fine line between wanting growth for God and growth for myself, and I'm afraid I had crossed it and for that I'm sorry (both to you faithful readers and to God).

God, please bless this site and the people who read it. Please let me turn my fingers over to you so they can give the messages YOU want... not what I want. Please forgive me of my sins and bless this site and all sites who call out for your blessings. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

I do intend for this blog to still have housekeeping tips, homemaking binder tips, cleaning ideas, mommy stuff, etc... but now I'm going to thoughtfully pray before every post... and not just post something because it's Wednesday and the big link up day. I want this blog to be a blessing to you... not just something to read.

This song has been on my mind. The words have new meaning to me now as I think of this blog and the potential it has to be a ministry (wow, did I say that out loud?)

**The person who made this video did an excellent job! Please take time to watch it.

"Word Of God Speak" by Mercy Me I'm finding myself at a loss for words And the funny thing is it's okay The last thing I need is to be heard But to hear what You would say [CHORUS] Word of God speak Would You pour down like rain Washing my eyes to see Your majesty To be still and know That You're in this place Please let me stay and rest In Your holiness Word of God speak I'm finding myself in the midst of You Beyond the music, beyond the noise All that I need is to be with You And in the quiet hear Your voice [REPEAT CHORUS 2x] I'm finding myself at a loss for words And the funny thing is it's okay
From: azlyrics

Much Love, Kelly
(Linked with Brag on God Friday ) 

blogging, dream, FUN, HAPPY, love, and more:

"That You're In this Place" + TIME