Purple Prose + Novel

5 Minute Friday-- Focus

5 Minutes... one topic... no editing (eek)... one day late... one cranky 2 year old in my lap :) Let's see what happens...

TODAY'S WORD IS: FOCUS
GO
I can't focus on just one thing. I've tried. It's not pretty.

Like now for example. I have the kid in my lap, music blaring, and typing this post. I have 2 other kids running around asking things (which I'm answering). I just can't sit anymore and focus on something.

I attribute it to too many years of juggling a lot of kids. You know how it is... if you have kids, you have to be a master juggler.

My husband isn't a juggler. It gets him upset if he has to think about more than one thing at once. It makes me antsy if I can't.

It's not that I'm not (double negative... sorry) paying attention to things. I am. I just don't have the focus to just sit and watch TV (I have to have something else going on... either reading or writing). I can't even take a bath without reading a magazine lol. Focus...

One thing I need to focus more on is God... and only focusing on Him. It stands to reason that if I have a hard time focusing on one thing in 'normal' life, that I would have a hard time focusing only on God at one time. My mind tends to wander in prayers and reading the Bible leads my mind astray (thinking about other bible stories to read and what the people were thinking etc.). Kinda need to change that.

What about you? Can you focus on one thing at a time? Can you fix supper, do homework, edit, and read a magazine all at the same time? Is it something you like about yourself or is it a neccessity because of time or something else?

STOP
Linked with: Lisa Jo Baker-- The Gypsy Mama

Inspiration, and more:

5 Minute Friday-- Focus + Novel