Purple Prose + Novel

What's Going on with Book #3...

I haven't talked about book #3 much. I've been kinda caught up with Crossing the Deep (which is having great sales... and wonderful reviews! I'll put a few at the end of the post. I'm so stinkin' excited!!) and edits for SAINT SLOAN (coming in Feb/March from Astraea Press. It is at the line editor now :) )

But what about Book #3... did you know I had a book #3 contracted?
2012 was a crazy year for me writer wise! I signed my first contract... and my second contract... and my THIRD contract!

I should go back to where this began. I'm a big believer in Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month. The 'official' month is November. Though they do have camp in June and August... CTD was a Nano. SLOAN is a Camp Nano)

This year for Nano I started writing a book. I got 10,000 words into it and knew it wasn't working. The story is good, but how I was going about it wasn't. I'll get back to it eventually because I really like the story.

In the mean time, my publisher, Astraea Press, had a call for submissions for Valentine's stories. I'd waited til the last minute! I had EIGHT DAYS to get it written, so I figured, why not? I had a story in mind that I loved.

I got a 27,000 word novella written and edited in 8 days (shew!) and sent it off. A few days later, my publisher emailed me back that the reader loved the book... and wanted to know if I'd make it a complete novel at 50,000 words.

Well... HECK YEAH I would!

So, I signed the contract and now I'm re-writing it with the same feel, but adding 33,000 more words to it...

DAUNTING? Sure... but it's a great challenge. I LOVE this story!

The title is B.I.G is Beautiful-- A Love Story. And it should be out in May/June 2013!!!

Here is the blurb...

The seven worst words ever spoken came out of Brittany Gregory's mom's mouth at breakfast, "I signed you up for math tutoring." Sure, she probably needs it (probably nothing, she'll fail without it), but the thought of having to stay in that school longer than she had to every day makes her sick. It's not the school's fault... just the few jerks inside.
Brittany's tutor is none other than Matt Taylor, senior quarterback-- all around hottie. At first, she's shy around him because, hello, Matt Taylor! But as he shows more and more unexpected kindness toward her, Brittany softens around him.
Unfortunately for Brittany, Matt's former girlfriend, the beautifully wicked Amber Moses, has tormented Britt since eighth grade about her weight. In an unusual moment of brains, Amber realizes Brittany's initials spell B.I.G.-- a hilarious (to the cheerleader) irony since Brittany isn't the smallest girl at school.
With the Red Ball (Valentine's Dance) approaching, Brittany has to decide if her growing feelings for Matt are real, or if he's secretly been playing a part in Amber's game all along.
~Can't wait until you guys can read it! In the meantime, Crossing the Deep is available for $2.99. It's been called, "Best in Christian Fiction", "an unexpected read," "Exciting", "Beautifully written," "Fantastic"... Check it out for yourself :)

AMAZON BARNES AND NOBLE ASTRAEA PRESS ALL ROMANCE ~Kelly

best, book, fiction, Inspiration, love, love story, and more:

What's Going on with Book #3... + Novel