Purple Prose + Review

What I *should* have gotten...

It's been a few days since Christmas, and I've had the opportunity to watch my kids play with their toys. Sitting here, I realized... I wasted a LOT of money (well, me and Santa did). They have more toys than they could ever play with (on top of the toys they already have... I SO need to do some donations to the Help Center!).

I decided I'd blog about the things I SHOULD have gotten my kids based on what they have played with the most this week... (PS. Ignore my messy house *sigh*)

Boxes
*Sure, we all know the story about how babies just like the bows and paper...

Well...

I submit to you...

My six year old...

Yeap, she has a box on her head. She has played all day with that box. It's been a helmet, a drum set, a seat (among other things). Uh-huh, I could have saved a lot of money... if I'd only given her a box.

Lids

My 17 month old has had a fine ole time with this lid to a Oreo Snack bucket (I know). She's also loved playing with hair ties and any little crumb or nibblet she can find on the floor. I could have saved some money... and bought her a lid or just letting her explore the floor.

Old Cape

My middle daughter has worn the fire out of this cape. Her daddy got it for her before Halloween, and she wears it all the time. Her favorite thing is to pretend to be Word Girl (the girl from the PBS Kids show). She would have been happy as a clam to have another cape... Though she really wanted a Barbie Bike (which is sitting outside barely used).

************
My kids got a lot of things for Christmas; some things they asked for, some they didn't. And while they have been grateful and played well, all they really needed was a box, a lid, and a cape...
I'll remember that for next Christmas.
Linked with: Women Living Well Wednesday 

favorite, HAPPY, love, love story, and more:

What I *should* have gotten... + Review