Purple Prose + Review

Grit~ 5 Minute Friday

It's as simple as it is difficult. One word. 5 Minutes. No editing...

Go

I grit my teeth a lot. I can't help it.. well, I guess I *can* help it.. but I digress. I'm one of those people who hold everything in their jaw. Let me explain.

I'm around kids most of my day. I teach special education preschool and have 3 kids 6 and under at home-- and I have the gray hairs to prove it. If you've ever been around any kid of any length of time, then you know how much (even when you love them) you want to pull your hair out. I had a lady tell me today that she should just get a recorder and tape everything she says because she just repeats the same things over and over and over...

And yeap, I get that.

I grit my teeth to keep from yelling (but even that doesn't stop it when my daughter jumps on the couch for the 50th time).

I grit my teeth when I just want the noise to stop for five little minutes.

I have had to take medicine from where my neck hurts from gritting my teeth so much. (I hold my stress in my neck.. ouch).

As I was thinking about having to tell a child something over and over again, I started to think about the law books of the Bible and how God tells the same laws over and over and over and over and over again...

When you are reading it you think, "Really!? You couldn't tell them once? You didn't think they would remember it?"

Well, no, they wont' remember it. Because like my kids at school (and all kids) and my kids at home, telling someone something once isn't going to work. It needs to be taught, instructed, reinforced, and guided.

I'd do good to remember that with my own kids... I'm sure my neck(and my teeth) would appreciate it.

STOP

Much Love,
Kelly

Linked with: 5 Minute Friday and Brag on God Friday

book, love, and more:

Grit~ 5 Minute Friday + Review