Purple Prose + TIME

A Very Jessie Spano Day

Ok, so nothing THAT dramatic (not addicted to caffiene pills... yet ;)... BUT Today has been a very Jessie Spano type of day.

For those of you who don't know or live under a rock, Jessie Spano was (I almost put *is* like the show is really going on lol... well... it is in my mind ;))... ANYWAY (sidetracked) a character on the NBC Saturday Morning show 'Saved by the Bell' in the 90s. I LOVED Saved by the Bell. I admit to having at least 2 episodes saved on my DVR right now (wanna guess which 2? Leave me a comment... ). Thanks to SBTB, we learned such valuable lessons as: it's ok to date chubby people as long as it's just for one episode (thanks Zack!) and your friends will turn on you if they think you murdered your friend (yes, that was the plot of one of the episodes... ). I'm not dissing the Bell. Quite the opposite in fact...

One of the big 'Very Special Episodes' of Saved by the Bell was called "Jessie's Song". You can go no farther unless you click this youtube link... I'll wait...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGrPO72IFaM

Ok, was that not awesome! Yeap, it was *my* kind of wonderful...

Anyway, the point of this being a 'Jessie Spano Day' is that I'm feeling how she's feeling. No, I'm not upset about geometry or going to Stanford (although Stansberry would be a good second... SBTB fans will get that *word*). No, I don't have the weight of the record company and not wanting to let 'Hot Sundae' down. I, however, feel a bit overwhelmed... sorry, crying baby, brb...

Ok, I'm back... what was I saying? Oh yes, Overwhelmed. I, too, like Jessie Spano feel overwhelmed with life at times. LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT THOUGH (wow, big capital letter yelling). I LOVE my life! I love my girls. I love my job. So don't think I'm complaining. I'm NOT. However, just like Jessie, sometimes I feel the pressure.

What pressure? You might ask? (you did ask, didn't you?)... Crying baby, brb...

Ok... pressure. Being on duty at all times. Not sure what to do and when to do it.

Lets take for example this morning. This morning (the begining of my Jessie Spano Day), I had 3 kids crying at the same time. My 7 mo old because she wanted her Mama to hold her. My 5 year old bc I was brushing her hair. And my 4 year old because... well... that's just her (but that's a WHOLE OTHER side plot there). On top of running late, having to get them ready to go, trying to fix snacks, brush teeth, give meds (all of my kids are taking them right now), fix bottles for Nana's, trying to remember everything... and then the crying... at that moment (and it's the God's honest truth) I wished I had a Zach Morris. A best friend to swoop in, grab me, hug me, and tell me some made up backstory about when we were in 2nd grade, except we didn't go to 2nd grade together (yeah... I know). The point being... I had a Jessie Spano Overwhelmed moment...

I should probably say that Yeah, I'm married, but he works nights and he isn't here in the mornings, so he can't be my hypothetical (or is that theoretical?) Zach Morris. Not his fault. I mean, he has to work and I don't want to wish him home.. especially not in this economy. It is what it is...

So, I know what you are thinking... 1. DANG! This is long!!!! Wrap it up! and 2. Wow, Kelly, what did you do during and after your Jessie Spano moment? Did you bust into "I'm so Excited"? (if you haven't watched the episode, I encourage you too.. it's on youtube. You'll thank me).

Well, the answer to the first part is Yes, this is long. The answer to the second part is... I did nothing. I finished getting ready. I put my kids in the car. I took them to Nana's. I dropped the 2 younger ones off. I went to school. *And here is where the words won't come*---------

My heart broke because I had to get ready... I HAD to get to work/school on time... I HAD to let my kids cry so we wouldn't be late. I HAD to drop the younger 2 off at their Nana's (who they greeted with warm smiles). I HAD to go to work where I was greeted with warm smiles from my students. I came home, lived through a 5 year old meltdown (she wanted her Hoppy, don't ask). I cooked supper. I feed. I ate. I rocked. I played...

And yes, I DID sing "I'm So Excited" Much to the chagrin of my kids lol.

So, it's almost the end of my Jessie Spano day, and I'm expecting another one tomorrow. Do I love my life? Absolutely. Would I change things? Of course. Will I resort to the Jessie Spano caffiene pills? No, but ear plugs sound mighty nice...

:)

best, FUN, love, love story, and more:

A Very Jessie Spano Day + TIME